posted Saturday, October 10th 2009 by
News, Reviews & Culture
The latest Penny Arcade comic has a D&D theme. Tycho Brahe’s Underdeep presents some lethal traps to handle stubborn player characters who just won’t die.
Here are a couple of my own favourites:
- Whatâ€™s Your Favourite Trap?
- Awesome Traps: Perpendicular Gravity Corridor
- Awesome Traps: Drawn and Quartered
- Wedgerocketâ€™s Embarrassing Trap (Spell)
The infamous Tomb of Horrors includes several nasty traps. Look away now if you don’t want spoilers:
- Every door is a fake door which triggers a fusillade of spears. The real door is always a hidden door.
- A dark portal which is actually a sphere of annihilation
- A corridor with the floor on a pivot: past a certain point, the floor tilts and dumps the PCs into lava (20d6 per round)
- Tapestries which turn into green slime if pulled, instant death
- A cursed gem of wishing which not only gives the opposite of what you wish for, but deals 200 fire damage afterward
Any favourite traps yourself?