posted Monday, December 8th 2008 by
Dungeon Mastering Advice
I swear they’re all real.
- A character turned to stone can attempt to strike a heroic pose, in order to make a better looking statue. If sold, his statue fetches 100 gp times the result of a Charisma check.
- If the party forgets to loot the bodies, the party forgets to loot the bodies.
- Regardless of your feral minotaurâ€™s Strength score, an adamantine door is not a melee weapon.
- You cannot take weapon proficiency in “bag of holding plus portable hole”.
- You always get what you wish for, but not necessarily what you wanted.
- The peasant railgun does not work that way.
- While it is a valid use of the skill, bards cannot inspire confidence using “Perform (interpretive dance)”.
- The variant called shot rules are there for a reason. That reason is not so you can “punch the red dragon in the happysack”.
- Alchemist fire is thrown one vial at the time. You cannot kill a creature in one hit by “tying a hundred vials together”.
- As a last resort, you can make a God Call. If you donâ€™t have a deity, thereâ€™s a scramble for the celestial telephone and you get one at random. The last time this happened the guy got Erythnul. Messy.